Monday, November 1, 2010

Aidni!!

I think random rude words strung together on a fridge door are funny
I hate moustaches and pigeons, sweating and arrogance
I love mojitos or anything that sounds exotic, like 'mojitos'
I love stand up comedy
I'm not an only child... It's complicated
Black Books is my favourite show
I love writing
and wronging
Hate chauvinism, feminism and a few other ism's
Love a gentleman (must prefer blondes), a bit of tradition and good manners
Wit is a must - I love nothing more than laughing
I hate putting away cutlery
I love cleaning
I like long words with long meanings. Like 'recalcitrant'
I give funny birthday cards
I read books on the train
I hate trains
I love red wine
I love dried flowers
I love George
I love
I like old people and bad jokes
I love long drives, my sunglasses and black IS a colour
I listen to Kate Nash, Adele, Angus and Julia Stone and Ray Lamontagne
I hate the radio
I love Hamish and Andy
I think that if I want to have a salad without tomato, that's ok
I hate tv's in the bedroom
I am a bad, loud, windows-up-in-the-car singer
I like cordial, not too strong, not weak
I live for post-it notes
I make lists
I'm a Virgo
I roll my eyes and tut-tut like an old man
I have lots of different handwriting
My eyes change colour. Green, very green and get-away-from-me-green
Nothing beats a scalding hot shower in winter or an icy one in summer
I love rain on the roof when I'm in bed
I dry flowers and chillies and collect bug sarcophagi
I hate dusting and mosquitoes
I buy magazines and only look at the pictures
I'm easily distracted but not easily derailed
Don't interrupt - it's rude
I turn off light switches and power-points but keep my lamp on overnight
I love black stockings with a dark seam at the back of the leg. But not on me
I sleep with one earplug and on my side
I like crusts but reserve the right to cut them off
I want cold feet in Summer but have them only in Winter
I hate chewing gum and chewing gum chewers
I hate it when grown ups hesitate as they're getting on escalators
I pretend birds are yelling something out when they're chirping
I have favourites
Vegemite thick thanks
Purse phone sunnies lippie
Notebook
I love watching women apply their makeup
I love having an opinion and sometimes keeping it to myself

That's all
That's me and I'm not changing
And that's the problem

An interesting series of events has forced me to re-evaluate my habits, my nature and basically my entire genetic make up.
I'm planning a trip next year, to a world 3000km out of my comfort zone. Following endless questioning, interrogation and cynical skepticism from all and sundry, I've identified the need to begin my divorce from the ordinary and get exposed to the nasty underworld of trying all things new and unusual.
On the 4th of January, I head to India for the 6 month trip of a lifetime!


With one hand on my heart, the other firmly wrapped around my favourite glass of red wine, I solemnly swear to say "yes" when unusual opportunities present themselves, to seek out new and interesting pass times and to be open to everything. So, church groups beware! Door-knockers be ready! Adios the ordinary, Hola everything else!

4 comments:

  1. Love it claire. I actually really feel this one. Wish I could chat to you right now xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire... 4.1.11..... You have just 'hopped' on the plane and we miss you already... It was lovely to have Christmas 2010 with you in Brisbane. We look forward to following your blogs and take inspiration from your journey's learnings!! Love Maw n Leila n Willie! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, hope you had a speedy trip. Sent you mail today. We mish you aready...love Melly

    ReplyDelete